We made it to the end. Woo-hoo! This course has been really interesting. I learned a lot and found the majority of the Things to be useful for my classroom. I think that there were lots of good things that I needed to be exposed to to help me be prepared to teach the techno generation that is filling up the seats of my classroom. Too bad Rollyo is so slow, I would really like to use that one more.
- What were your favorite discoveries or exercises on this learning journey? I think that some of my favorite activites were the blog, LibraryThing and the photo sites. There were some fun mash-up sites.
- How has this program assisted or affected your lifelong learning goals? I think that it has opened up my eyes to ways of using technology in the classroom that I hadn't thought of before. I think that I immediately dismissed most tools as useless for education because I didn't understand them. It is good that I was forced to try them and there were lots of ideas for you about how to use in the library or the classroom. I have always prided myself on being open minded but this was a wake up call that I was closed to technology beyond the basics.
- Were there any take-a-ways or unexpected outcomes from this program that surprised you? I think that I will be using a lot of things that I learned in this program in my classroom. That in itself is surprising given my previous attitude toward technology.
- What could we do differently to improve upon this program’s format or concept? I might rearrange the things a bit so that some of the weeks are not as lopsided as others. It seemed that some weeks took a lot longer than others to do. Evening them out would be helpful.
- If we offered another discovery program like this in the future, would you choose to participate? If so, check outDiscovering Assistive Technology. I think I might.
- How would you describe your learning experience in ONE WORD or in ONE SENTENCE, so we could use your words to promote Classroom Learning 2.0 learning activities? It was an eyeopening experience that exposed me to many new technologies that I can immediately use and put into action in my classroom.